POSITION: Event Decorator
RATE OF PAY: $15/HOUR DAYTIME (6AM – 10PM) AND $22.50/HOUR NIGHTTIME (10:01PM-5:59AM) AND/OR OVERTIME.
The Event Decorator position is dynamic, challenging, and the best way to immerse yourself in the event design industry. You will primarily be responsible for picking, packing, delivering, setting up, and striking down all elements of décor for weddings and events. You will be the “go-to” person for the design team and they will depend on your crafty balance between organization and creativity to get the job done. You will work alongside the design team and follow design plans and put your own skills to the test with on-site styling.
Please note the shifts for this role will vary with morning, evening, and night shifts depending on event requirements. Set-up and warehouse work will take place during the morning and afternoon. Strike down will usually take place in the evenings or during the night shift.
- Wedding and event prep work will include assisting the design team prior to weddings and events with organizing inventory, review design plans and ensuring appropriate inventory is reserved and packed, etc.
- Wedding and event set up
- This includes, but is not limited to: loading, unloading, packing/unpacking the decor, hanging lighting, hanging décor elements, setting and styling tables, assisting with floral arrangements, setting up lounges, setting up stage décor elements, etc.
- Wedding and event tear down
- Taking down décor, packing it in appropriate boxes/containers for transport back to warehouse, unpacking décor and organizing it back in appropriate areas of the warehouse
THE SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Team player with a knack for offering a helping hand wherever needed
- Highly organized with great care for details
- Excellent client service
- Ability to work in various sites
- Ability to work under minimum supervision and self start/direct
- Ability to work effectively under time pressure
- Ability to adapt to quick changes and execute design plans accurately
- Ability to lift at least 50 pounds
Must be available on weekdays, weekends, split shifts and night shifts. Time schedules are dependent on event bookings.
Tasks for each day can vary depending on event bookings and other requirements by the design team.
You must have a Class 5 driver’s licence.
You must be available to work weekends and late nights.
Experience in the events industry is an asset, not a necessity.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please provide an introduction in your email and tell us why you want to work with the Finesse Team! As much as we’d love to chat with you, please do not call or text. Once we have reviewed your resume, we will be in touch if you are shortlisted.